When it comes to baby products, Johnson’s has always been on top of the list. After all, they are in this industry for 125 years! Recently, they had their biggest relaunch as they showcase their Gentlest Range of Baby Products and introduce Johnson’s CottonTouch.
I was one of the few lucky mommas to receive a PR kit before the products were released in the supermarkets. HERE IS MY REVIEW ABOUT IT.
What are the recent developments on their gentlest product line?
- no parabens
- no phthalates
- no dyes
- no sulfates
- no petroleum ingredients
- no fragrance allergen
- 90% of the ingredients are all naturally-derived
To give you an overview, their gentlest products are categorized into the baby’s stage and age. Here is the breakdown:
Since Audrey is less than a year old, we tested Johnson’s CottonTouch top-to-toe batch for hair and body from their Gentle for Newborn line.
OLD FORMULA VS. NEW FORMULA
Old product ingredients: Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate,
Cocamidopropyl Betaine, , PEG-150 Distearate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylhexylglycerin
New product ingredients: **Water, **Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, **Decyl Glucoside, Acrylates, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, **Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton), Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
Crossed out on the old product are ingredients that were not included in the new line
Highlighted on the new product are ingredients added on the new line
Let me breakdown these newly added ingredients for you:
Decyl Glucoside is a natural, non-ionic surfactant, ideal for all foaming and cleansing products.
CottonTouch is designed to enhance the gentle power of a parent’s touch.
Step 1 – Start with a warm bath with CottonTouch Bath.
Wet baby’s hair and body with warm water, apply with your hand or washcloths, gently lather and rinse.
Step 2 – Follow the soothing massage with CottonTouch Lotion. This is non-sticky formula moisturizes but absorbs quickly to leave baby’s skin feeling soft and smooth.
I have used this product for about a month before I wrote this blog review. I cannot compare how the new formula differs from the old one because we are using a different brand before they sent this. What I’ll be sharing is just my sole feedback on their Johnson’s CottonTouch top to toe bath.
What I like about this product?
- It has a mild fragrance that suits well for Audrey or for other babies too. And even though it’s mild, the freshness scent is long-lasting.
- The consistency of the product is so thick! A pea-size goes a long way. We have been using this for a month already and we had only consumed a small amount.
- It easy to rinse and doesn’t leave a sticky feeling.
- It made Audrey’s skin soft and smooth. I am only using the body wash and I’m already satisfied with how it makes her skin so moisturized.
- It does not irritate the eyes. It’s true to its promise “no more tears”.
- The packaging is in pump design which made my life easier while bathing Audrey. You know the struggle when bathing a mobile baby.
- Lastly, this is now environmentally friendly. They developed a patented system to make it biodegradable, non-toxic and will not bioaccumulate in the environment.
What I don't like?
I really can’t think of a thing that I don’t like about this product.
Will I recommend it?
SUPER YES! If your baby is perspiring a lot too, just like Audrey. You should give this a try. This is ultra-light and gentle for baby’s sensitive skin.
I was provided with a PR kit. I am not required to write a blog about it.
All thoughts and opinions expressed in the blog are my own and not influence by the brand.