How to cook Rosemary Chicken with side veggies and white sauce
Ever since I became a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) I have to continuously innovate my cooking skills. I cannot serve the usual adobo/nilaga/sinigang/fried meat on repeat. I have to make time to look for new dishes that I can serve on our table.
One of my latest hits is Rosemary Chicken with side veggies and white sauce. Since Rosemary is not commonly used on a Filipino home, this dish is a good break for your family. It is also easy to prepare. I found the menu online and made my own version.
- 8 pcs thigh fillet with skin on
- Salt & Pepper
- Canola Oil
For side veggies
- Potato Marble
- French Beans
Note: You can change the side veggies base on your preference. You can also use cauliflower or broccoli.
For White Sauce
- All Purpose Cream
- 2 pcs. calamansi
Note: I did not put any measurements because I cook base on instinct.
- Clean the thigh fillets under running water and place them on a big plate
- Let them stand for 10 minutes and remove the excess water
- Pat dry the meat using paper towel
- Still on the big plate sprinkle salt, pepper and rosemary to your thigh fillets. Do this on the other side too.
- Marinate for about 15-30 minutes or longer.
- Heat the pan and add canola oil. Once the oil is hot. Pan fry the veggies until it’s cooked. Remove from pan.
- Using the same pan- Fry the thigh fillets for 15 minutes. Do this on the other side too. Cook them on a low to medium heat. Don’t use high heat because it will leave a bitter burnt taste on your dish. Once cooked – remove the meat from the pan.
- Still on the same pan – add the all purpose cream, calamansi juice and a little bit of water. Taste test. You can add a little bit of salt and pepper too.
Arrange everything on a serving plate. and that’t it!
Let me know if you have tried cooking this using the menu.
Work with me? I love collaborations and I enjoy working with various brands. See my portfolio here