We are now fully vaccinated!
If you’ve been following my social media accounts, you probably have seen my mini-vlog last July 27 about my first dose of vaccination and how we battle with Covid-19 afterward.
5: VACCINE DAY✨ Nagpabakuna na ba kayo? ##frecelynnecooks ##frecelynnevlogs ##vaccineph ##bakuna ##qcbakuna ##resbakuna ##quezoncity ##minivlogph ##silentvlog♬ original sound – Fran Vasilić
We are now fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca, and I’m here to share my vaccination experience.
Please take note that there are different guidelines per city/area. I am a resident of Quezon City. They provide two ways to register for a vaccine:
- Online Registration and Booking thru QCeServices
- Baranggay Assisted Booking
I register thru QCeServices. I received an email notification to verify my email. After signing up for the form, it redirected me to a page showing up my registration details (Reference Number, Name & Priority Group) I screenshot it, just in case I’ll need it.
I received a text message that I am now a recipient of “QC Protektado sa Bakunang Sigurado Program”. It also includes the vaccination schedule details, and what to bring to the vaccination site.
My Vaccination Details:
- Venue: UP Ayala Town Center
- Date: July 27, 2021 (Tuesday)
- Time: 2:00 PM
What to bring?
- Valid ID as proof of residence/work in QC
- Proof of priority group
We arrived earlier than our scheduled time because we thought there would be a long line. However, there weren’t many people in the area so they were able to accommodate immediately.
The site is divided into 4 sections
- Registration area – We presented our ID and they checked if our names are on the list. They gave us forms that we need to fill out.
2. Health screening – We were interviewed by a doctor about our medical history. They also asked if we were positive with Covid in the past or exposed to someone positive.
3. Vaccination section – The nurses showed the vaccine before injecting it to me. You can take a photo/video, just ask for their permission. From what I heard, it is okay as long as you’ll not include the face of their staff.
4. Post-vaccination monitoring – We stand by for a few minutes while they provided a few reminders like
- Don’t drink alcoholic beverages for 1 week
- Take paracetamol if only you experience symptoms like fever
A few steps away from the post-vaccination section, there’s a Photo Wall. You can snap a shot here.
After the vaccination, we stayed at my parent’s home. It was a roller coaster ride from there. We were all unwell. We all experience fever. We can barely move. We take paracetamol every 4 hours.
Audrey and I went home but we are still not feeling well.
The fever did not subside. Dee is worse than me. So we decided to go to St. Lukes. They requested different types of tests, including swab tests. After 24 hrs, we found out that we were Covid positive.
To make the long story short, we were confined in St. Lukes. I’m not comfortable sharing the details of our Covid battle. I hope you understand.
We were released from the hospital and continued our recovery at home.
We didn’t receive any notification or reminder for the second dose. We just went there since they’ve written the date on the back of our vaccination card.
The process is similar to our experience during the first dose of vaccination.
Unlike our first dose experience, we didn’t experience any symptoms on the second dose.
I am now proud to say that we are now fully vaccinated!
How about you? How was your experience?
Work with me? I love collaborations and I enjoy working with various brands. See my portfolio here.
One Reply to “We are now fully vaccinated!”