Review: The Collagen Ex by Shiseido
When I became a mom, I also discovered the world of beauty and wellness products. Of course, I don’t want to look “losyang”. I wanted to look blooming and healthy.
That's why I'm so delighted to receive a PR kit from The Collagen EX by Shiseido.
Shiseido is a world-known Japanese cosmetic brand. They are offering a wide variety of reputable skincare and makeup products. For over 145 years, they are promoting their Japanese beauty routine (Ometenashi*).
This includes 4 essential steps:
*Ometenashi- – The Japanese practice of selfless service. Bestowing compassion and empathy and showing the utmost respect.
In 1996, they launched their first “The Collagen by Shiseido” line in Japan. Now, it’s finally available here in the Philippines. Source
The Collagen by Shiseido
The Collagen by Shiseido is an anti-aging supplement.
It has 4 different types that will suit any lifestyle:
1. The Collagen V (comes in drink, powder, and tablet)
2. The Collagen Ex (comes in drink and tablet)
3. The Collagen Relacle (comes in drink, tablet, and jelly)
4. The Collagen RichRich (comes in drink and tablet)
Today, I’ll write my review on “The Collagen Ex”. This is a collagen drink made from 11 types of beauty-enhancing ingredients.
Contents: 50 ml / bottle
Directions: Refrigerate and shake well before drinking. Drink 1 bottle a day, 30 minutes before you sleep.
Store in a cool dry place, away from sunlight. Consume within 9 months.
- Low calorie (8.5 kcal)
- Preservative free
- Mixed fruit flavor
- Low molecular weight fish collagen
- Hyaluronic acid
- Royal jelly
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Moisture Peptide
I would also like to highlight that Shiseido collagen supplements have patented ingredients: Lingonberry and Amla.
Lingonberry is a powerful antioxidant. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness and skin sensitivity. It rehydrates and regenerates the skin which will result in healthier and more glowing skin.
Amla is another anti-oxidant that reduces the signs of aging. It will also make your skin lighter and brighter.
They are now available in the market through selected mall kiosks and Beauty MNL.
Last June, I received a PR kit that comes with 10 bottles of The Collagen Ex. I was excited to try it and see what it can do on me.
What I Like
- It comes in reusable amber bottles.
- When I first tried it, I find the taste a little weird but tolerable. After my third bottle, I realized that it tastes like lychee.
- I can drink it as is. No preparation needed.
- I didn’t feel any discomfort like nausea.
- I noticed a visible difference in my skin. It’s more blooming and glowing.
What I don’t like
- When I compared the collagen content of this variant, it is lower (200mg) vs. the other products The Collagen V, The Collagen Relacle and The Collagen Rich Rich.
Work with me? I love collaborations and I enjoy working with various brands. See my portfolio here.