When I was pregnant, I wanted my baby to be a good sleeper. Why?
I was so vocal about it that time. However, most of my friends, who were parents already, were just wishing me the best of luck as if it is not attainable. How about you?
Have you ever wondered if babies can sleep all throughout the night?
Well, the short answer to that is YES.
It just took me one class from HimbingPh to learn everything I need to know about baby sleeping. And I’ll be writing a more comprehensive blog about it which I’ll publish very soon.
But to give you a brief overview, one of the effective ways to have a good sleeper is to develop a pre-bedtime routine. It does not need to be complicated; a simple 3 step pre-bedtime routing will suffice. For as long as you keep on doing it before bedtime, your baby will slowly learn the pattern and associate it with sleeping. And the best way to start a pre-bedtime routine is by a warm baby bath because this allows our baby to relax and prepare them for their sleep.
But on this blog I’ll talk about one of the products that may probably help us achieving a good sleep for our baby - ECOSTORE’s Baby Sleepytime Bath!
ECOSTORE has been around since 1993. It was founded by Malcolm and Melanie Rands at an ecovillage in Northland, New Zealand. Few years after, they move to Auckland and set up their flagship store. Almost a decade after their foundation, they became available on supermarkets. Then, they were launched in Australia and now in several Asian countries.
Aside from offering home and body care products that are safer for us, they are also…
Soothing infusion to help calm your baby
Baby Sleepytime Bath is part of ECOSTORE’s baby care line. It is a plant-based wash with lavender and geranium oils.
- Aqua (water)
- Caprylyl/Caprylyl Wheat Barn
- Straw Glycosides (Plant-based Surfactant)
- Parfum (Essential Oil Fragrance)
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Dehydroacetic Acid (Preservative)
- Linalool (from natural essential oils)
The packaging states that it does not contain the following ingredients:
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB)
- PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES)
- Synthetic Perfumes
I was curious about these chemical compounds and what can they do on our body.
Check out my little research below.
What is CAPB? CAPB is a common chemical ingredient that makes body care products produce more foam. It is used in shampoo, body wash and so much more. Even though CAPB is derived from coconut oil and considered safe by the US government, some people (with sensitive skin like me) get negative reactions from it.
Whew! That was intense. It’s saddens me to know that these chemicals are in the products that I’ve been using before. Now that I know better, I’ll take note of these ingredients and make sure to read the label before purchasing them. Let’s now go back to the Ecostore Baby Sleepytime Bath.
Directions: Shake well. Add a small amount to bath water and swirl gently.
Audrey is a good sleeper on night time. But she is struggling to have good naps on day time. So few days after we receive the product sent by ECOSTOREPH, I decided to test it out.
What I love about this product?
- SMELLS SO GOOD – Smelling the product alone is already relaxing for me, how much more for Audrey! Lavander and Geranium oils complement each other. Lavender is a popular soothing scent that’s associated with sleep and relaxation. While geranium is another floral scent that can reduce stress and anxiety.
- SO RELAXING – I didn’t expect that my little one would enjoy her first mini bubble bath. Audrey felt more relaxed after the bath time.
- DOES NOT IRRITATE THE EYES – There were instances that the bubbles touched Audrey’s forehead and cheeks, which were near the eyes. But she did not show any signs that it’s ouchy on her eyes.
- EASY TO RINSE – It’s easy to rinse and does not have a sticky feeling after the bath.
- MOISTURIZING – When I dried Audrey with towel, I noticed her skin is softer. There’s no need to put a lotion.
- GOOD NAP TIME – Using this product have helped Audrey nap longer on day time. Usually, she naps for 30 minutes to 1 hour. But after our first bubble batch, she slept on longer stretches 2-3 hours.
What I don't like
- I don’t like the thin consistency of the baby wash. It is water like and I keep on adding more on the bath water because after swirling, it’s not bubbly enough for me. I hope they can make it thicker in the future.
Will I recommend it?
Yes! This is one of the new products in our market today that has a very holistic approach. They have a clear mission and vision. Their product is true to what it promises. You really get what you pay for.
How about you? Have you tried ECOSTORE’s Baby Sleepytime Bath
If yes, how was your experience?
If no, will you try it?
I was provided with a free product in return for my honest review.
All thoughts and opinions expressed in blog are my own and not influence by the brand.