When you’re waiting for your baby to arrive it’s tempting to buy bulk disposable diapers. After all, our babies will use them a lot.
One of the advises that we received when it comes to disposable diapers is DON’T BUY IN BULK! I know it’s tempting to hoard but here are the two main reasons why you should not.
1. We don’t know yet how big or small our baby once he/she is out. The ultrasound report just merely shows us an “estimated” height and weight but it’s not 100% accurate. On my case, Audrey is more than 3 kilos on ultrasound reports but I gave birth to a 2.3-kilo baby. That’s way lower than expected.
2. We don’t know yet how will our baby‘s skin reacts on the product. His/Her skin might be sensitive that will result to a frequent skin rashes. Or maybe not, that any diaper brand is okay for him/her.
Then what we should do then?
Buy different diaper brands in small packs (probably less than 10 pcs). And I did that! This has helped me easily compare the products and choose which of them is perfect for my baby. We tried many diaper brands – from the cheap ones up to the most expensive.
Today I’ll talk about Audrey’s current diaper stash – Pamper’s Diaper.
Pampers is a known brand when it comes to disposable diapers. They've been in the industry for so many years and I can say that this is one of the trusted brands by moms.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THESE DIAPERS?
1. It super absorbent unlike the other brands that we tried. With other brands, we often change her diaper every 2-3 hours. But with Pampers, we change her diaper every 6 hour or more. She can also sleep longer during night time with no weewee interruptions.
2. It stays dry inside. I monitor her bum every now and then and I was surprised that it stays dry inside even after 6 hours.
3. For 2 months that we’ve been using it, she has not experience any diaper rashes.
4. Pampers diaper are thin and bloats when there’s so much pee already. This have helped me easily track if the diaper is full or not.
Look at how bloated it was. She used that for the whole night with no interruptions
This is how thin it is vs. other diaper brand
5. I don’t know how they did it but the pee is evenly distributed. With other brands, all liquid stayed on the center making the diaper saggy and heavy. I think this is what they’ve been advertising “Less lawlaw, More galaw”.
6. The stretchy tapes ate very sturdy too.
7. I also observe that it comes with mild scent which I also like.
8. I love the soft cotton like cover that seems breathable. That’s why Audrey looks comfy when she’s wearing this.
Since that we are now comfortable using Pampers in the long run, we can now buy and hoard! Last February 25 I ordered 1 box of Pampers diapers (small size) from Pampers Official Store in Shopee. It arrived after 5 days after. It’s been 2 months already and I still have 1 pack (58 pcs) left to use.
WHERE TO BUY THIS?
Pampers is available on all leading supermarket and department stores. It’s also available on Lazada and Shopee but make sure that you are buying from Pampers’ Official Store.
Nanay Tipid Tips
1. Many thought that Pampers is expensive and can rip off your household budget. But no mommies, it’s actually affordable if you’ll factor in the diaper change frequency.
As an example:
Let’s say Brand X diaper costs Php 6 each. It gets full every 3 hours which means you’ll have to change the diaper every 3 hours. That’s 8 times a day! After computation, your daily diaper cost is Php 48.
But with Pampers, each diaper cost is around Php 7.50. It claims to last up to 12 hours. But I don’t go that long, I change every 6 hours or 4 times per day. After computation, my daily diaper cost is Php 30.
The Php 18.00 difference will be around Php 540 each month. It’s a big saving. See, it’s more affordable if you have taken that into consideration.
2. I don’t buy on supermarket or grocery stores. Why? First, there’s a slight difference on their pricing vs. from where I purchase. Second, I don’t want to go to the grocery once a week carrying a heavy diaper stash.
So Where do I buy them? On Pampers Official store in Shopee or Lazada.
Why do I buy from there? First, the price is slightly cheaper than supermarket pricing. Second, it is delivered right in front of our doorstep.
Another Tip! Wait for a diaper or baby sale which happens few times every quarter. Turn on your notification. Sometimes Shopee sponsor an amount that will be deducted from your total bill. This is on top of the free delivery.
Here are sample breakdown of my recent purchases:
My first hoard was last February
Pampers Diapers (256 pcs of small size) – Php 1520
Shipping Fee – Free c/o Shopee
Discount by sponsored by Shopee – Less Php 80
Total – Php 1440 (5.675 each diaper)
My second hoard was earlier today
Pampers Diapers (116 pcs of small size) – Php 664 (Orig Price 892)
Pampers Diapers (136 pcs of medium size) – Php 807 (Orig Price 1060)
Shipping Fee – Php 615 but I received 300 off c/o Shopee
Discount by sponsored by Shopee – Less Php 70
Total – Php 1716 (6.77 each diaper)
See, how much saving we are getting each month.
How about you? Are you using Pampers too?
If yes, how was your experience?
If no, will you try it?
This is not a paid or sponsored post.
This is a review of products that we purchase and use.