A few weeks ago, we visited John Gil’s Secret Place, and it was a one-of-a-kind staycation. John Gil’s Secret Place is a cute little hidden gem in Amadeo, Cavite. It offers a quick escape from the metro that will not break the bank. In this post, I’ll share our relaxing experience on this charming campsite.
John Gil Secret Place has two different private accommodation:
- Option 1: A Frame Cabin with Private Pool
Starts at Php 4,500 (4-6 pax)
- Option 2: Rest House & Teepee Hut with Private Pool
Starts at Php 2,000 (2-4)
Option 1 gets fully booked quickly; And it was no longer available when we inquired. We opted for Option 2. This is slightly smaller but is as charming as the first option.
Daily Rate Php 2,500 x 2
Additional pax (2 kids) + Php 500 x 2
Additional Bed + Php 250
Total Php 6,250
We paid Php 6,250 for a two-night stay. By the way, we are a total of 6 pax – 4 adults with 2 toddlers.
Electric fan room with queen size bed
Inside the rest house
- Dining table for 4 pax
- Android TV with Netflix
- Kitchen with basic sink, refrigerator, basic kitchen ware and utensils
- Camping stove burner (free to use; you can bring your own butane or buy one from them)
- Dining Table
Electric fan room with queen size bed (additional Php 250)
- Mini pool
- Native kubo with BT speaker
- Grilling area
- Picnic table
- Bonfire pit
- Coffee table
Parking inside their gated property.
Check-in time: 2PM
Check out time: 12NN
- Butane for camping stove burner
- Rice cooker
- Charcoal; if you’ll be grilling
- Extra kitchen utensils like knife and chopping board
- Towel & toiletries
- Distilled Water
- Food and drinks
- Anti-mosquito lotion
- Tube ice and cooler if you’ll be drinking in the kubo or picnic area
- Private car – Pin John Gil’s Secret Place
via SLEX / CALAX
- From PITX, ride a bus Trece Martires-Indang
- Ask the driver to drop you off at Mcdo Manggahan in General Trias, Cavite
- Take a jeep going to Amadeo
See some of our photos here —
Our Experience at John Gil's Secret Place
Cavite is known to be plagued by daily traffic jam. We kinda expected to arrive later than the official check-in time. We also squeezed in a quick grocery run at Robinsons Dasma for our supplies.
It was already 7:30PM when we arrived at John Gil’s Secret Place.
As we entered their secluded place, we were mesmerized by its charm. The lush greenery and peaceful surroundings gave us a warm welcome. The almost 5-hour drive from Manila was super worth it.
Checking-in was quick, and upon settling in, I prepared our dinner. The guys started their drinking session inside the kubo.
On our 2nd day, Neddiene cooked our breakfast. The kids swam in the pool, but it was super cold.
So they washed off and just played inside the tent and teepee hut.
For our lunch, we prepared a samgyupsal feast. This lasted until dinner.
Make the most of your stay in Amadeo, here are some other activities:
John Gil’s Secret Place
Address: Purok 7 Brgy. Halang-Alingaro road, Amadeo, Cavite
Mobile No: 0905-159-2664 / 0999-730-4807