A few months before our little bundle of joy was born, Dee and I decided to have a mini BABYMOON (Honeymoon before the baby arrives). We planned to spend a night in any lavish hotel around Metro Manila. We decided to splurge a little because this will be our last staycation before I pop!
There are many hotel options in Metro Manila but Discovery Primea stands out for its one-of-a-kind service and hospitality. Since we wanted to get pampered and have a relaxing night, this is a perfect venue for our babymoon.
Discovery Primea is one of the newest hotels in Makati. It’s situated along Ayala Avenue and can be easily recognized since it’s a tall yellow/mustard building right infront of Glorietta. And since it’s near shopping centers, we had our lunch first at Lorenzo’s Way in Greenbelt.
We arrived at Discovery Primea around 1:30 PM. Check in was a breeze and we did not wait for too long. In less than 10 minutes, we were already inside our room!
The Room: Business Flat
Even though we wanted to splurge a little, we still booked their most affordable room – Business Flat. This maybe the smallest room but it is just right for the two of us (three rather). I was expecting a little cramped room but it is huge (40 sqm) and has everything that we might be needing all throughout our stay.
We were warmly welcomed with sweet platters – a mini cake and brownies.
There are two things that I love the most during our stay – the bed and the bathtub.
The bed is so comfy. It just made us snuggle all throughout our stay. Then, the bath tub – okay I may be biased but I’m a sucker for bath tubs. I enjoyed an hour or two in the bath tub. I also purchase bath bomb beforehand because you know #forthegram.
We started our next day with sumptuous buffet breakfast. If you’ve been following our travel blog, you’ll probably know that Dee and I love to have our breakfast as early as 6 AM.
Breakfast at Discovery Primea is served at Tapenade located on the ground floor. Since we started our day extra early, the restaurant is not jam packed.
There are different stations of food choices.
• Coffee and Tea Bar
• Salad Bar
• Breads, Pancakes and Hash Browns
• Cold Cuts
• Fruits & Yogurts
• Filipino Breakfast: Congee, Rice, Scramble Egg, Longaniza, Bangus, Ham, Adobo and Beef Tapa
After our satisfying meal, we decided to take a plunge into their pool. They have 2 separate pool areas – one for their residential owners and the other one for their hotel guests.
What else do I found impressive – is the way they aim to personalize your stay according to your need.
- If you have a kid or baby with you – they can arrange a nanny service and they also have different set of amenities like bath robes, slippers etc. You can also request for cribs, cots and roll away beds.
- They offer in-house services: beauty salon, florist, notary public and seamstress (for minor garment repairs).
- Amenities like gym and chapel are open for 24 hours.
- You can also request to change your bedding to hypoallergenic and your pillows to fiberfill, memory, bolster or body fills. (We didn’t request to change ours because we are already satisfied with our pillow and bedding.)
- A handy smart phone is conveniently available in your room. This is perfect for tourist without a local phone. You can use this phone to make local mobile calls and mobile browsing.
- Since this is a business hotel, they are also offering complimentary shoe shine.
- Lastly, luggage assistance (We have used this service because after we check out, we decided to have our lunch at Sentro 1771 in Greenbelt. We simply left our luggage on their concierge and came back after an hour or two.)
Facilities according to their website
• Complimentary use of handy smartphone
• Complimentary high-speed Internet access for multiple devices
• Nespresso machine
• PressReader: digital access to over 3,500 newspapers and magazines worldwide
• In-room safe
• Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
• 46″ LED TV
• Pillow menu
• Discovery Primea hypoallergenic goose feather mattress
• 19″ LED TV in the bathroom
• Hair Dryer
• Premium bath amenities
• Weighing scale
• Rain shower
• Refreshment center
• Coffee/tea facility
Our stay at Discovery Primea may be short but it was one of a kind experience! It was my most relaxing weekend during my pregnancy. We hope we can get back again in the future, with Audrey of course!
Get the best deals and prices for Discovery Primea at their own website, Agoda or Booking.com
Address: 6749 Ayala Ave, Makati, 1226 Metro Manila
Official check in time: 02:00 PM
Official check out time: 12:00 PM
Phone Number: +63 2 955 8888 / +63 2 988 2988 / +63 917 679 4567
How about you? Have you been to Discovery Primea?
If yes, how was your experience?
If no, will you consider booking a night there?