I love to support brands that have a valuable purpose because it makes me feel like they are restoring my faith in humanity. And one of them is Sophie the Giraffe.
Did you know that their bestselling Sophie the Giraffe Award Gift Set is very special because for every set sold, Vulli France will be pledging (3) Measles vaccines for Doctors Without Borders to administer in a country that has a high incidence of Measles
Last October, Sophie the Giraffe Philippines sent us the Sophie the Giraffe Award Gift Set for us to try. In this blog post, I’ll be sharing my thoughts about this product.
Sophie the Giraffe is a hand-made teether from France which is made from two ingredients: 100% natural rubber and then painted with food-grade dye. This is baby’s first and favorite teething toy since 1961.
The Sophie the Giraffe Award Gift set contains 2 teethers: their bestselling Sophie the Giraffe classic teether and a second Sophie teething ring.
Sophie the Giraffe Features:
Sophie the Giraffe SRP:
It is priced at Php 1,950.00
How to clean Sophie the Giraffe Classic Teether
Prepare the following:
- Clean towel
- Portable/drinking water
- A few drops of dishwashing soap
- Dip sponge/towel in a bowl of drinking water with a few drops of dishwashing soap. Squeeze out excess water.
- Use this damp towel (not dripping wet) to wipe down Sophie’s body, cover Sophie’s squeaker while doing so.
- Dip the towel in clean, potable water with no soap and squeeze to remove soap and excess water.
- Use a damp towel to wipe Sophie.
- Let Sophie dry before you let your baby use it.
As with all teethers, Sophie the Giraffe teethers must only be used under adult supervision.
Examine the product carefully before each use, especially when your child already has teeth.
Discontinue use if the teether shows the slightest sign of fragility or deterioration.
Don’t expose Sophie to any sources of heat (direct sunlight, sterilizer, etc.)
Don’t use Sophie while bathing or in the pool. Don’t submerge Sophie in the water.
Don’t let your baby use Sophie when you think that the teether has become brittle or the other parts that are in danger of falling off.
It is important to know that Sophie the giraffe is made from 100% natural rubber. This material, which is also used for feeding bottles and nipples, is natural and “live,” meaning it changes over time and under storage conditions. Therefore, some precautions are necessary.
As noted on the packaging: “Examine the product carefully before each use, especially when the child has teeth. Pull the product in all directions and discard it if shows the slightest sign of deterioration or fragility. Do not expose to direct sunlight and keep away from sources of heat.”
Sophie the giraffe, as well as nipples and pacifiers, should not be given to a child after, for example, it has been used by a first child, it has been stored or if you don’t know the conditions under which the product might have been previously used (Sophie is intended for use by only 1 child).
In response to increasing supply demands, we created new equipment that allows us to manufacture more products more efficiently. Each giraffe is still handmade and requires more than 14 manual operations to fabricate it, which includes hand painting. You can learn about our manufacturing process via this video
Each Sophie the giraffe is unique. There may be differences between some of Sophie’s, but all products still respect and follow European and worldwide standards.
– It is possible to find giraffes with different forms. Today, we are working with 4 versions of Sophie the giraffe molds for casting, which are in compliance with the European and worldwide standards that respect Vulli’s quality charter.
– It is possible to find fragments of different colors. Because all of our giraffes are painted manually, the color can change when the paint is added or decreased, which is also the case for the natural color pigments used.
– It is possible to find a different inscription method for the traceability number. There are several ones including laser and paint that are used in our manufacturing. Please note that since July 2011, each Sophie that has been produced contains a batch number on one of its legs, which enables complete traceability of the product. Each number belongs to a specific batch tested by a certified laboratory to ensure its conformity with European and worldwide standards. In the case of any doubt, sanitary authorities that request it can consult the analysis reports. We believe we are the only toy manufacturer in the world who can provide such batch traceability and offer such a high level of security for our consumers.
The Vulli company has always placed the quality of its products at the heart of its concerns. For over fifty years, consumers have placed their trust in us and we do our utmost to satisfy them.
All of our products sold worldwide to comply with European and global legislated standards. As such, Vulli provides its clients with products that comply with the very highest requirements. Regardless of the regulations in force in the country where they are sold, the same products are sold worldwide, meeting the most stringent legislation in all areas. Vulli has only one requirement: providing the very best to our customers.
We have even gone one step further in terms of the quality that goes into the 100% natural rubber Sophie la giraffe. In fact, since July 2011, each Sophie la giraffe produced has her lot number printed on the back of a leg, enabling full product traceability (production date and relevant laboratory analysis).
Each number corresponds to a batch tested by an approved laboratory and certifies its compliance with European and international standards. In case of doubt, health authorities can access these analytical reports. Moreover, we believe that we are the only toy manufacturer worldwide to offer such a high level of batch traceability, and therefore a high safety level for our consumers.
WHAT DO I LIKE?
- First of all, I like that Vulli pledges the measles vaccine for every purchase of this set. I’m glad to know that we can help someone with our purchases.
- When you get to see the actual product, you’ll notice that it is really made from premium materials. Its texture is a lot different than other teethers.
- The sound that Sophie creates isn’t irritating like the other squishy toys.
- Audrey fell in love with Sophie the Giraffe and she loves to play with it.
- It’s easy to clean and there is no need to sterilize it.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE?
- It’s a pricy vs. other teethers. If you are a mom on a budget, you will probably not get this.
WILL I RECOMMEND IT?
Yes! If you like to give your baby the best teether in our market today, then this one is for you! You can also help someone with your purchase.
Exclusive discount for my followers!
Get Php 100 pesos off when you use my code STGHELLO
I was provided with a free product in return for my honest review.
All thoughts and opinions expressed in blog are my own and not influence by the brand.