Chicken Inasal is another famous version of Lechong Manok. The meat is marinated in calamansi, garlic, salt, pepper, coco vinegar (Sukang Pinakurat) and Atsuete (Annatto). This dish will not be complete without the chicken oil poured over the hot rice. I made my own version of this dish.
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE BELOW
1. In a large bowl, marinate the chicken meat together with calamansi, salt, pepper, coco vinegar, galic and atsuete. Leave it for 1-2 hours.
2. While you are marinating it, you can start preparing the chicken oil.
3. Heat the pan and add the chicken skin. Cook it over low heat until all the fat has been drawn out.
4. Once the chicken skin is golden brown and crispy, remove from pan and drain. Now, you can enjoy this as your snack. 🙂
5. Add chopped garlic and Atsuete in the pan. Heat for 1-2 minutes. Then, transfer to a small container. Use a small strainer to remove the garlic bits and atsuete seeds.
6. Heat a different pan and drizzle some chicken oil.
7. Pan-grill the chicken meat over low heat. Turn the meat every now and then while basting it with additional chicken oil.
I would love to hear from you!
Let me know if you have tried this recipe and how was the result. Feel free to comment below.