Alongside with Adobo, Paksiw na Pata is another popular soy-based stew. What makes it different from adobo is the only kind meat that you can use on this dish is pork shank. It is made from the usual soy-vinegar mix with brown sugar, dried banana blossoms, whole peppercorns and dried bayleaf. I also added pineapple tidbits to make this dish more interesting.
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE BELOW
NOTEI did not put any measurements because I cook base on instinct. Feel free to adjust the ingredients according to your preference.
1. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and dried bay leaf
2. Add Pork Shank and marinate for 1 hour or longer
3. Heat Casserole
4. Add oil and saute garlic and onion
5. Add pork meat. Cook for 1-2 minutes
6. Add in the marinate mix
7. Slow cook for 2 hours or longer
8. Once you achieved your desired tenderness
9. Add dried banana blossoms and pineapple pouch
10. Simmer for 2-3 minutes
I would love to hear from you!
Let me know if you have tried this recipe and how was the result. Feel free to comment below. Happy eating!