General Tso’s Chicken is a popular Chinese dish made from deep-fried chicken tossed in a sweet and savory sauce.
This is what Dee loves to order at Recipe’s restaurant whenever we dine in. I thought it’s difficult to make but it’s not.
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE BELOW
- In a bowl, put in the chicken meat and add a dash of salt and pepper. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- After marinating, coat the meat with flour and put inside the refrigerator for another 15 minutes. This will help firmly set the coating on the chicken.
- While waiting, deep fry the eggplant cubes. Put in a plate with tissue paper then set aside.
- Using the same pan and oil, deep fry the chicken meat. Put in the chicken meat one by one. This will prevent the chicken sticking with each other.
- Once done, drain the excess oil from chicken using paper towel.
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sugar, cornstarch and water in one bowl.
- On a separate pan heat the sauce mix until thickens. Then remove from heat and toss in the fried chicken and eggplant.
- Add sesame when garnishing
Always use fine ingredients when making this dish so that you can copy the taste from the restaurant. But you can definitely substitute other ingredients esp if you don’t have them. Rice vinegar to regular white vinegar, Hoisin to Oyster sauce. However, please take note that any substitution will make a different result. It’s will still be delicious but not an exact copy 🙂
I would love to hear from you!
Let me know if you have tried this recipe and how was the result. Feel free to comment below.